Versa Spa Spray Tan
Tanners Cove offers Versa Spa as its premier sunless tanning system. Achieve that just-off-the-beach color with the next generation of sunless tanning systems in just one visit. Although you will get some instant color, the majority of your tan takes 6 hours to develop. You can customize your Versa Spa tan by choosing light, medium or dark. A ph-balancing pre-tan preparation spray and post tan moisturizer spray are also available. This will help the tan absorb better and fade more evenly.
Custom Air Brush
Our trained airbrush artists apply the tanning product, giving you a completely customized color. You can decide how bronzed you want to be! This service is purely cosmetic, gives instant color, and only one application is needed to see results. The solution goes on very easily, quickly, and virtually flawless. The results are very natural and bronze on the body. The session lasts for a total of about twenty minutes. It is required that a person waits at least six to eight hours before showering, but we recommend waiting overnight for the best, long lasting results.
Getting the Most From Your Spray Tanning
Pre-spray tan instructions
- Shower, shave and exfoliate prior to your visit.
- Don’t put on any makeup, lotion, or perfume.
- Wear loose dark clothing; prior to your 1st shower your sunless tan may rub off on clothing.
- Remove all jewelry before your session.
After care instructions
- Don’t shower, get wet or sweat for at least 6 hours.
- Once you shower make sure you moisturize daily, this will make your tan fade more evenly and last longer. We recommend specially formulated moisturizer made by Versa Spa.
- Chlorinated pools, hot tubes and salt water may cause your tan fade quicker.
- We recommend waiting at least 7 days before coming back for your next spray tan.
- Stay in older clothing before showering to prevent stains. If you choose to leave it on overnight, use older bedding as well.
What to expect after your spray tan?
- When you first shower you may see your cosmetic bronzer come off in the shower. Don’t panic, this is normal! When doing the Versa Spa there are two bronzers in the solution; one is an instant cosmetic bronzer that washes away and the other is DHA bronzer. DHA or dihydroxacentone will darken over a 24 hour period; this is the main bronzer that gives you your natural looking tan. DHA is FDA approved and considered safe for topical application.
- You may feel slightly wet or tacky until your first shower.
- Your tan generally looks best after your 1st shower. Everyone is different, but when planning for an event, we recommend coming in 1-2 days before.
- Although unlikely, under certain circumstances sunless tan may still rub off on clothing after your 1st shower. This is more common with people who exercise more frequently.
- The more you shower and shave, the faster your tan will come off. As your skin naturally exfoliates, your tan will begin to fade.
- Just remember, spray tans are purely cosmetic and will not help provide any protection from sunburn.
Getting the ultimate results with cocktail tanning!
Cocktail tanning is the combination of a UV sunbed session, directly followed by a sunless spray tan. This method is particularly effective because the UV exposure not only stimulates melanin production and natural tanning, but it opens pores, allowing the sunless spray solution to deeply penetrate the skin. This results in a more even and longer-lasting cosmetic tan.